Members Approve SCBX + MBEX Merger
Members of both the St. Cloud Builders Exchange (SCBX) and the Minnesota Builders Exchange (MBEX) held and completed a vote to approve the merger of the two organizations, and the vote passed near unanimously.
This decision paves the way for an effective merger date of November 1, 2021. On November 1, active members of SCBX will become MBEX members for a complimentary trial period of 60 days. Terms of the merger call for MBEX to continue operating two physical plan rooms located in Minneapolis and Duluth, expanding social events to include the St. Cloud area, access to the MBEX Online Plan Room, and two special-term MBEX Board seats offered to former SCBX Board members.
St. Cloud members will be receiving further information, such as Plan Room log-in and membership benefits information, directly from MBEX very soon.
If there are questions about the merger, the merging process, membership or its benefits, please reach out to one of the following individuals:
- Tom Getzke, MBEX Executive Director: firstname.lastname@example.org | 612-381-2625
- Ashlee Hartwig, MBEX Membership & Communications Manager: email@example.com | 612-381-2631
- Lisa Berezni, SCBX President: firstname.lastname@example.org | 320-250-3304
- Brian Kalla, SCBX Vice President: email@example.com | 320-363-8585
- Steve Sauer, SCBX Board Member: firstname.lastname@example.org | 320-290-3943
The approval of this merger marks the third time MBEX has expanded membership and services to the regional commercial construction industry. In 2013, the Builders Exchange of St. Paul merged with the Minneapolis Builders Exchange to form MBEX. The Duluth Builders Exchange then merged with MBEX in 2019.
To learn more about the merger and its terms, please click here.